Saturday, May 16, 2009

Documentation

Whenever I run into problems building open source projects, I usually say to myself, "I will write down this process, so that I can publish and make this process publicly available for the other users". And finally somehow, referring the web (yes, most of the issues have already been addressed) I will complete building it. Then I will recall how can I write down the steps that I followed. Yes, hard to recall those hundreds and thousands of steps, most of them are trial and errors, and not to be mentioned!!!

Yes. The answers to the commonly faced problems are there in the web but scattered all over the web. We need serious and proper documentation to them, to make the life easier. I am thinking of contributing to this, but in most of the cases, mere thinking leads to nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.