Thursday, May 9, 2019

Hosting a RIPE ATLAS Probe in Atlanta

My RIPE ATLAS Probe
I used RIPE Atlas for my Internet measurements in my IFIP Networking 2018 paper (NetUber: A cloud-assisted overlay network as an alternative connectivity provider) and consequently my thesis. I consumed the RIPE Atlas credits from my co-author for those experiments. Afterward, I requested RIPE to send me a probe, and now I have received it! I have connected it to my home router. My probe is currently connected to the RIPE Atlas network and started receiving traffic. I am happy to contribute back to the Internet measurements community! Now I am accumulating RIPE Atlas credits every day. Time for a very large-scale Internet measurement experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.