Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Pandemic Atlanta Lockdown - Week 27

Roswell, GA

When working from home started in mid-March, I did not know that this will go on forever. Now, it is already half a year has passed with no end in sight. I made some plans for the work-from-home, and most went quite well. However, overall, my happiness was at an all-time low. Most of my approach to handling the loneliness and separation induced by the COVID19 lockdown and travel restrictions was through distraction. I used my cocktails, some music, and two Chinese dramas (The Disguiser and Nirvana in Fire) to effectively spend my free time, especially during the weekends, while being stuck home alone for most of 2020 since Mid-February, and more so since Mid-March since the work-from-home.

I never compare my life with others. I do my life at my own pace. At least not after 2006, as until 2005, I had to compete for the university entrance examinations. Every year since 2010, I have had one and only one new year resolution. That is, to outperform my previous years. It has been true for most of the 2010s. Although there were years with slow-downs (specifically, 2016 and 2018), overall, I was happy and each year went on to become better than the previous. As such, 2019 has been my best year so far (followed by 2017, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012). 2020 indeed, started with a positive note. But with the COVID19, it took a dark turn by mid-February. Personally, 2020 also brought me to an all-time low in overall happiness and peace of mind. But I must acknowledge the fact that this is a global low, outside my control. Such a normalization will help me avoid judging the year too harshly.

 

We are still not sure how 2021 will be. We need to be prepared for a long fight. I must try to be positive again and reset my mood, rather than distract myself during my free time - as distractions are a short-term strategy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.