Thursday, May 6, 2021

[Scam?] Dropshippers in Amazon from other sites such as Vitacost

Lakewood organic orange juice 6 pack was 44.55$ (incl. tax) with subscribe & save when directly ordered from Lakewood. Without subscribing, it would be 49.50$. Anyway, anyone can subscribe and then cancel the subscription soon after if they do not need anymore deliveries of the same. I ordered via Amazon for 43.00$ (incl. tax) since it was cheaper. Apparently, the Amazon seller (East Coast Shippers) is merely a dropshipper. He (a dude from East Coast Shippers) had just ordered it from
vitacost (it lists the same product for 28.14$, incl. tax) and shipped it directly to me. "Ship To:" in the bill shows my name and address. "Bill To:" shows the name of the dude from East Coast Shippers. 
 
Apparently, vitacost is selling stuff cheap. Is vitacost a scam that sells fake products? More likely, they hoard things when there were discounts from the seller? I have seen drop shippers buying things from Alibaba and then selling on Amazon. This works better because Alibaba is not widely used in the USA. Although Vitacost is American, not many are aware of Vitacost either (I wasn't aware myself until I saw the bill). So, the drop shippers shop these not-so-popular cheap sites for you, pay a fraction of the price you paid via Amazon, and ship the product directly to you.
 
Now, I am tempted to directly order from Vitacost next time. I could have saved 43 $ - 28 $ = 15$ that I paid to the middlemen of East Coast Shippers for no reason. But the juice bottles feel sticky. I am suspecting the quality of Vitacost. However, Vitacost cannot be that bad since they are owned by Kroger. Next time I should be more careful  with the Amazon dropshippers. They may be doing this all the time and ordering stuff from lower quality third-parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.