Friday, February 1, 2019

Coffee on Macbook Pro

Coffee with my other laptop
Back in Atlanta, I am busy with work and life. The life here is good, except once when I mistakenly toppled a glass of milk coffee on my Macbook pro. I immediately toppled the Macbook and wiped it clean. It turned off immediately on its own. After cleaning up the visible traces of coffee, I let it dry for a week up side down, and then turned it on. It worked perfectly, with just a line appearing on the corner of the screen. I thought, everything is fine and turned it off. After one more week later, I turned on my Macbook again. It did not turn on at all. 

The system admin opened the Macbook and found that it is probably fried over time. He said, had I informed him instantly and let him clean it with distilled water to permanently erase the traces of the milk coffee, I could have saved the Macbook. Since my Macbook does not have the Apple Care + warranty, the Apple Authorized repair person said it would cost me 1,500$ to repair the Macbook by sending it to Apple for the liquid damage. Now the Macbook is idling, dead. Lessons learned - to be even more careful with liquids, and to buy warranties and extended warranties whenever possible for the expensive goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.