Sunday, September 8, 2019

Are Vayama.com discount vouchers a scam?

So I bought the 26$ voucher on my previous Vayama booking that would qualify me a 40$ discount on my next booking. But guess what? My next booking did not receive the discount. When I asked why, their reply was:

"Dear Pradeeban,
I have noticed you made your booking on skyscannerus This means your booking has not been made directly on our website and therefore the code cannot be redeemed. To redeem the discount, you have to book directly on our website.

To use the discount code, you must meet the following conditions:

- Book directly on our website, not on a different website.
- Check if all spaces are deleted at the beginning and at the end of the code
- Don't return to the previous page after entering the code
- Check if you haven't mixed up 0 (the number) and O (the letter)
- Check the validity of the code. The code is valid for 1 year from your booking date.
- Use the same email address as during booking
- Valid on flights only"

I replied back:
"Hi,
I find it strange. Skyscanner is just a listing site. I still made the booking through your website, except landing on your site through Skyscanner.

I believe my booking qualifies for the 40$ discount. Could you please double check?"

Of course, no positive reply!

Later I found that they are using this 40$ discount code as a way to scam money out of people. Specifically, those who land on their site through Skyscanner.com and similar listing sites. I am not alone!

Hearing my story on Twitter, Skyscanner interacted with Vayama to see what is going on. Vayama apparently gave the Skyscanner representative the same reply as he did to me!

In short, avoid this misleading 40$ discount on your next trip in Vayama.com for 26$. It is a trap. You will never be able to redeem it. Basically, avoid Vayama.com additional services at all, if you must use Vayama. Their customer service is non-existing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.