Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas in Istanbul

A bridge that connects continents
Flying from the USA to Asia is tiresome. Usually, it involves a layover in Europe or middle-east. This time when I flew from Atlanta to Colombo, I had a transit in Istanbul - my first ever flight with Turkish Airlines. I decided to stay in Istanbul for 3 nights since such a multi-city option was cheaper than flying directly. I also have never been to Istanbul before anyway. Istanbul was lovely and was different from all the cities that I have visited before. I also had a transcontinental cruise journey in Istanbul. This was also my first Christmas alone. I visited a lot of places in Istanbul by foot, including Sultanahmet, Eminönü, and Taksim Square. Overall, it was worth the stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.