Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mooshabaya - Fortnight Reports

Initial Discussions
We decided to develop a Mashup generator for XBaya workflow composer, after the initial discussions with Dr.Srinath Perera and Dr.Sanjiva Weerawarana. Our team Mooshabaya, along with the Bissa team is collectively developing 'Mora Middleware for Scalable Computing (M2SC)'. We have submitted the Project Proposal, followed by the Software Requirement Specification. Design Document yet to be submitted. We have started developing Mooshabaya.

Other FOSS Specific tasks
Mooshabaya being a FOSS project, we decided to carry out the development in a FOSS specific manner.

IRC
I registered an irc channel ##m2sc on gnome(irc.gnome.org) for the communication among the M2SC combined group members. We are currently using this channel for our project based discussions.

Documentation
I have been posting updates on my project work, regularly on my blog. [1]

Project Proposal
I wrote the Introduction, Project description and an introduction to M2SC.

Software Requirement Specification
I wrote the overall description and also wrote the System features with another member of the group.

Initial Development
Since I had worked on Extreme! Labs projects during my internship at WSO2, I had some prior experience in WS-Messenger and XBaya. So I started modifying the GUI of XBaya for Mooshabaya. Mooshabaya includes options for Mashup generation and other input sources. I first included options for these in the GUI. I committed the changes to our SVN.[2]

System Design
After a design level meeting[3] with Dr.Srinath Perera on 6th of August, we started the design and the development of the project. Since I have modified the XBaya GUI and created the Mooshabaya GUI, I generated the Screenshots[4] for the design document. I have also written the introduction, a basic overview for M2SC and Mooshabaya, and design considerations.[5] I have also drawn the class diagrams[6] for the Mooshabaya core and the monitoring component.

Further Reading
I started reading about the web feeds RSS and Atoms, and parsing them using XMLBeans. I will develop the code for the input from web feeds in the upcoming fortnight. Researched on the Extreme! Labs projects for the LEAD [Linked Environments for Atmospheric Discovery] Systems. Further Literature Survey on the areas I was mainly involved throughout the project for the final report draft.

Documentation - Initial Chapters of the final report

Main contributor to the first two chapters of the final report - Introduction and Objectives, and the overall report formatting. Literature Survey on Web feeds, XMLBeans, and XSUL2.0.

[1] http://kkpradeeban.blogspot.com/search/label/mooshabaya
[2] https://mooshabaya.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mooshabaya/
[3] http://kkpradeeban.blogspot.com/2009/08/design-constraints-mooshabaya.html
[4] http://kkpradeeban.blogspot.com/2009/08/mooshabaya-design-document-31st-of-aug.html
[5] http://mooshabaya.wikidot.com/design-document
[6] http://kkpradeeban.blogspot.com/2009/08/mooshabaya-class-diagrams.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.