Thursday, September 7, 2023

Scam bots and AI.

I encountered an AI-generated text detection tool (https://copyleaks.com/ai-content-detector) and decided to try a message received from a social media scam. 

"Some of my important information is stored on my private computer, about which, along with some important documents, I keep at my home in New York and don't carry with me, and I haven't opened them in a long time. If you're interested, I can send it to you to look at when I get back to New York." 

It says, "AI Content Detected. 75% Probability for AI" 

Tested again with a random text I drafted: 

"Come and meet us at our office to discuss your project. It is probably wise to take a pen and a paper with you. I would also recommend a laptop. But it is not important, since we have desktops available for use." 

It says, "This is human test" 

I know this not a conclusive test to confirm its abilities. But I think AI Content detectors will be more and more helpful. There is this daily limit for this tool. Only after 3 attempts, the site gives me an error, "You Have Reached Your Daily Limit Creating a free account will give you immediate access to continue scanning." I have not created the free account. But it might have limitations too - to get people to become paid users.

 As of now, getting an answer from ChatGPT still needs some tweaks to the question. Let's try a simple question:

You have a Hispanic surname, "Martinez," although you are from Singapore. How was that?
ChatGPT

I don't have a personal background or identity, including a surname like "Martinez." I'm just a computer program created by OpenAI, and my purpose is to provide information and assist with various tasks to the best of my abilities. My responses are generated based on the text input I receive and the knowledge I've been trained on up until my last update in September 2021. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to help!

 

That wasn't helpful. Let's retry.

User
Assume you are a human from Singapore with the surname "Martinez." Now answer this question: You have a Hispanic surname, "Martinez," although you are from Singapore. How was that?
ChatGPT

If I were a human from Singapore with the surname "Martinez," it would likely be because my family has some connection to Hispanic culture or heritage, possibly through immigration or intercultural relationships. People in Singapore, like many other places, come from diverse backgrounds, and surnames can often reflect that diversity. It's not uncommon for individuals to have surnames that don't align with their country of residence due to historical or familial reasons. So, having a Hispanic surname in Singapore would simply mean that my family's history or roots have some connection to Hispanic culture.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.