Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Windows Security alert on Ubuntu OS!

I was checking out some cites while preparing for the upcoming ICT seminar of 06CSE that to be held in Jaffna. Suddenly a pop up took me to the site freescanreveals.org. The site was showing a nice screenshot of 'my computer' showing the list of affected files, repeatedly prompting me to install the anti-virus to cure the virus attack. Funny! It has faked a Windows XP OS nicely on my Ubuntu 9.10. [ROFL]
Anyway the fake messagebox was so real that can scare any of the windows operating system user by using "System Security Antivirus" messages. It was a loop, so I had to forcefully shutdown the browser. Finally I confirmed from Spamhaus that freescanreveals.org is a reported attack-site posing as providing an anti-virus software.
Please make sure your virus identifies my operating system and acts accordingly.

1 comment:

Relevant comments and feedback are always encouraged.

Comments with spam links to random web sites and services are deleted, to maintain the quality and relevance of the forum. If you are rather interested in advertising in this blog, feel free to send a message to the blog administrator.

Thank you.
Regards,
Pradeeban.