Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Free Overnight Stay in Doha, Qatar

Museum of Islamic Art
Qatar Airways offers a free transit visa (need to specifically apply through their website) to Qatar and an overnight stay in Doha in a five-star hotel, if your flight has Doha as a transit through Qatar Airways (booked directly), and has 24 - 48 hours time window. This applies only if the flight originates from the USA.

There was some confusion. Qatar Airways failed to send me a hotel voucher. Their Twitter account told me that I won't receive the free stay since there was another earlier flight option available. After explaining their own Terms and Conditions to them, I received the hotel booking sorted out!

Katara Cultural Village
I stayed in Marriott Marquis City Centre Doha. It is a nice hotel, close to the metro station. The metro station connects the airport directly. I visited Souq (the market) with a friend in the evening of my arrival. Then I went to Katara Cultural village the next morning and then went to the West Bay and the National Museum. I enjoyed Doha a lot. Although my stay was only 2 days (around 27 hours), as I was actively visiting around, I managed to see many places in a short time.

It was indeed a pleasant stay. Thanks, Qatar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.