Saturday, August 8, 2020

Pandemic Atlanta Lockdown - Week 21

Our Niffler abstract is accepted for oral presentation at CMIMI, a conference gone virtual. Now we are working on its full paper. Those are good news, especially when nothing else seems good - the pandemic, othering of foreigners and minorities, and disasters across the world.

The USA is considering a ban on the China-based social media platforms Wechat and Tiktok. Tiktok is a useless app. But the Wechat ban is going to be troublesome to those who have familial and business ties to China. We are already battling a horrible pandemic and governments acting all petty during this time. Internet censorship and othering, ostensibly presented as national security interests.

I am considering to innovate on the workweek as we are continuing to work from home. I will update once I have tried that.

Usually, my year goes fast once we reach August. Now, we are in August, and I feel 2021 is near. Although I am happy that this nasty year will come to an end soon, I fear that 2021 may be no better, as the pandemic continues to thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.