Thursday, June 4, 2009

Initial Progress - gsoc2009unicode

Yes. The coding started last month (23rd of May), and today is 4th of June. I have started coding and practically this is somewhat like a first-run, where I port to unicode, the classes one by one, and commit as I port. I will have to go into a second-run, after this fast-phase porting. During this fast phase, I have been working towards making some A* and T* towards W*, and *str* becomes *wcs*. That is a lovely W postfix. ;) The second phase would be, pointing out the issues of my porting and fixing them towards a unicode build.

And an "unrelated" comment, we got the first batch of allowance (500$), during the end of the last month. :)

Happy coding to all. Have a nice time with your projects!
Abiword - A word processor for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relevant comments and feedback are always encouraged.

Comments with spam links to random web sites and services are deleted, to maintain the quality and relevance of the forum. If you are rather interested in advertising in this blog, feel free to send a message to the blog administrator.

Thank you.
Regards,
Pradeeban.