Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Summer!

Caxias - view from the small fort in the park!
Though I have been in Portugal for more than two years, it is only this summer I got the opportunity (and interest) to enjoy some not-so-popular-among-Erasmus-students beaches. Earlier, I had already visited Cascais, Costa da Caparica, Troia, Lagos Meia Praia, Porto Matosinhos, and Estoril beaches. This summer, I visited Ilhas Desertas, Caxias (a small beach on the way to Cascais/Estoril from Lisbon. Very close to Lisbon by train towards Oeiras or Cascais), and Porto Covo in the Alentejo region (using Rede Expressos bus from Lisboa).

A trip to Santo André (Santiago do Cacém) and Porto Covo was not well prepared. But came out pretty well. During this trip, I realized that the bus tickets are not always sold from a separate office. I had to buy the ticket from a cafe in Santo Andre, and from a mini post office in Porto Covo. Porto Covo was stunning! Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera to this trip. So no photos. :(

The summer is almost finishing, and I had lost more than a month of summer in Portugal due to my thesis defence, and trips to Shenzhen, from 22nd Aug - 6th Sep (more on this later, probably), and Paris, from 8th Sep - 12th Sep. When I am done with my master thesis defence, it is almost autumn! But I am not giving up you summer, yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.